Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

we bleed green

We got to get a jump on the St. Patrick's Day festivities here in Columbia.  This is good because we will be in the middle of nowhere for the actual St. Patrick's Day.  And as I've said before, it's Brian's favorite day of the year.  He can put on one of his (many) kilts, drink beer, and feel a-ok about it.

When we lived outside of Chicago, we would go watch the river being dyed green and then walk down to see the parade.  One year Brian was IN the parade!  What fun.  In Columbia they dye a fountain green.  Which is honestly a little anti-climactic after you've seen a whole river turn green.  But we'll take what we can get!  There were also adorable kiddos doing Irish dancing, bagpipers, and local newscasters keeping things fun.

I had been planning on making the littles new shirts for St. Patty's Day, and I was working up to the last minute on these.  Literally.
Bottom left is Fletcher's pose.  He decided to do a little fashion pose as I took pictures.  I think my littles think they are models with all the camera clicking around them on a regular basis.
Stop staring at my husband's legs, ok?

We waited for the big moment by trying to keep the kids OUT of the fountain.  And when the organizers tried to hand my kiddos little tubs of green dye, I had to dive between them and my littles, knocking the little tubs out of their hands while screaming, "NOOOOooooooo!!!!!"  Or something like that.  And I felt pretty good about that decision after seeing all the other children splashed with green dye all over their faces, arms, and clothes.  Yes, I am the mom that sacrifices my kid's fun for cleanliness.  And I feel ok about it.
{shirts by me; cute Irish leggings on Rowan by our friend, Tara- check her out, she'll be opening an etsy shop soon!}
Don't worry, they still had fun. And the fountain?  It turned green.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are a st. patty's day inspiration! Those shirts are amazing (and i wouldn't let them get paint all over them after all that hard work either!) and your braids are really great too.

    ReplyDelete

your comments are the peanut butter to my jelly!