Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

unpacking is yuck

I'm about to tell you all about the most interesting subject right now, so perk up your ears (er, eyes?).  I'm about to tell you about unpacking!  It's not fun.  I remember back in college when it actually was fun.  Putting your clothes in rainbow order (yes, I did) and arranging your posters and cds just so.  Fun!  Not anymore.  When you go from 4 big boxes to 400, then it really loses its charm. 

We thought we were old pros at this packing and unpacking business.  But we've never really done it with the children around, so we were wrong.  We are not old pros.  We are babes stumbling around in the dark, bumping into each other, and tripping of all the crap we own.  And I thought anything would be better than one more day living out of a hotel.  I was wrong. 

But.  We are here, and we are happy to be here regardless of how the unpacking is going.  We are lucky ducks if our biggest problem is having too much stuff to unpack.  And we are double lucky to have lots of family pitching in to keep us from going completely mad.  My mom driving across the country with me and the littles, Brian's mom taking the train down from Chicago on a moment's notice to watch the kids, and now my brother, sister-in-law and nieces staying for a while to visit AND to help.  And all this help is keeping us afloat. 

And I just noticed!  It's Spring outside!  I didn't go outside for about 4 days, but sure enough, Spring happened while I was unpacking.  Here's a little Spring in our new backyard. 
The red bud is beautiful and thick everywhere, the azaleas are in full swing, and honeysuckle is opening up and lending its heady fragrance to the air.  We are in the middle of nowhere.  And it's lovely.

p.s.  Happy Birthday to my mom!  Love you dearly, my mama.  xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Thanks. Such lovely spring blossoms. A good portent for your stay in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome yard! Good luck with all of that unpacking and hopefully you can all get outside and enjoy those flowers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful!! Just think, a few weeks from now it will feel like home~* No stress, it'll all be done soon!

    http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

your comments are the peanut butter to my jelly!